Thursday, January 2, 2020

My Unfinished Projects

I have a document that has been running since January 2010 - ten years! - where I list all the quilts I start and what stage they are up to and cross them off when they are finished. So I always know just how many unfinished projects exist. Here are the nine projects which are currently un-crossed-off.


Batiks - started in September 2011. I don't know if I have a photo of this top assembled:
This photo is from October 2011. I stitched the blocks together then put them in a box and haven't looked at them since... I don't even remember how big this ended up.

Sunflowers - started in October 2011
In May 2017 I appliqued the pieced section to the background, but I don't love it so put it away and haven't looked at it again.

Easy Street - Bonnie Hunter mystery started in November 2012.
Has been a complete top since July 2016. I have the batting, and have made a back, and have even spoken to someone with a long-arm machine about basting it. But maybe I will quilt it on her machine rather than just basting it?

Another huge quilt - Celtic Solstice, the Bonnie Hunter mystery which started in November 2013
Pictured as just a top, but it has been basted and I have started quilting it.

Wild and Goosey - started in September 2014
Has been a top since November 2016

Kosmos - started making parts in July 2015, without much idea where it was going
Stitched together what I had so far and put them in a hoop in November 2017, which is where they have stayed ever since. But they aren't "finished".

Allietare - the Bonnie Hunter mystery started in November 2015
Mine is the one on the left. It has been a top since January 2016, but nothing has happened since.

Rajah Revisted - started in February 2018
Has been at this stage since April 2019, and I haven't touched it since then. There are a lot more rounds to make and add.

Lastly, Frolic, the current Bonnie Hunter mystery. I'm up to date with the clues so far.
Some of my sets of units including the surprise 6th clue released just before midnight on new years eve.

By the end of 2020 I want to see a few of these crossed off the list.


10 comments:

jacaranda said...

I remember all of these quilts from both seeing them and on your blog. I have 2 quilt tops finished that need basting and quilted, been in my quilt cupboard for a few years.....one day......

Graeme said...

March flies are out now so you should have plenty of time in the sewing room for the next month or so

Jeanette said...

Lots of choice here, all well worth finishing. I had forgotten about your Sunflowers, good to see it again.
Do you count fabric set aside for a particular design as an unfinished project? I have quite a few of these.

Julierose said...

What a lovely group of finished and un-finished pieces...right now i don't know what i am doing or not...I seem to have lost my way for a bit--
hugs, julierose

ButterZ said...

What a great list. I can't believe you have already some of part 6. Well done...

Sue SA said...

Lots of quilting and Bonnie Hunter finishes coming up in 2020! Good luck!

Laura said...

Great quilts, especially the Bonnie Hunter ones! A couple of years ago, I had twice that many tops. Now probably less than ten. Good luck with your finishing!

Maria said...

You have sew many beautiful quilts to finish, hopefully in 2020. Good Luck..
Well done getting the 6th clue done in Frolic...

Sally Trude said...

I love your colors and amazed at your progress. Any guesses what gets matched with the remaining triangles in your sets?

Vivian said...

So much here to "ooh, ahhh"!! I'm a little late to this post so know that you are already well on your way with Celtic and will bet you'll get to at least one of the others this year too (along with Frolic). Ooh Scrappy Trips in Batik! Love it! And I admit I don't know how it could be done but I like the look of Cosmos with those Sunflowers. I only downloaded the patterns for Rajah so you're waaayyy ahead of me on that one!