Friday, January 31, 2020

Extras

Here's a touch of gorgeous garden colour for the end of the month:
I'd love to tell you what it is, but the tag is somewhere buried in the mulch. I'll try to find it again some day when it is not 40 degrees outside and the march flies aren't waiting to attack me as soon as I go outside!

I was reminded this morning that I have lots of left-over bits from the Frolic quilt. In fact there are units for nine more blocks. I pulled them out and tried to arrange them so that there was a good distribution of different fabrics:
Just plonking them out on top of all the rulers etc on the cutting table, which wasn't a good idea. Anyway, some time later I had sewn various bits of each pile, but I lost interest in turning on the iron after a while. Here's everything waiting to be pressed before it can proceed:
I'm still considering options for the corners of these blocks, and whether they will get sashing. Or even what they will become! But I've already counted them in my stash use, so I have to do something with them.


Stash report for January:

Thread:
No spools emptied, none added.
Year to date - no change.

Dress fabric:
None used, none added.
Year to date - no change.

Quilt fabric:
3.5m used, none added
Year to date - down 3.5m.

How can I have sewn up 3.5m of fabric, and not emptied any spools of thread? Because this is what I have been using for all my piecing:
A 3,000m spool! That will take quite a while to empty.

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Not the day to have the iron on! I am sure whatever you make it will be very attractive.
Birds and insects (other than March flies) must love your garden.

Julierose said...

That is one big spool of thread!
Using up those leftovers right away is a great idea...
interested to see what you come up with;)))
hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

I need to get my hands on some big spools of thread, did you buy that in Ballarat? Its not fun ironing in the heat!

Cheryll said...

But just think of the amount of finishes you'll have once the spool is all used... WoW... xox

WiltedQuilter said...

I love your colors.

Marie Králová said...

I also have a few blocks from the project - Mystery Frolic - I will probably make a pillow. Marie

Maria said...

Beautiful flower...
That's a lot of left over Frolic ??
That's a huge spool , I've never seen one like that.

jacaranda said...

Sometimes those left over bits make fabulous quilts.