Monday, January 6, 2020

Smoky

After the beautiful clean air we had last night, today we are back to very smoky air that is uncomfortable to breathe. It must be dreadful closer to the fires.

Fortunately I didn't have to be outside, and I had plenty of indoor things to do. After I had finished the last of the pressing and trimming of the extra mystery units I made yesterday, I resumed quilting my Celtic Solstice:
I've got as much of the quilt as possible on the table to my left, but it is still not easy going. There is so much rearranging of the bulk to do after each small bit of quilting, that progress is very slow. But I'll keep plodding along; each little bit done gets me that much closer to finishing.

9 comments:

Cheryll said...

It WiLL be worth it...xox

jacaranda said...

Smoke wise, it was shown that in our area it was equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day. That small bit of quilting is that much less to do. Looking good.

ButterZ said...

You will get there and it will all be worth it..

Jeanette said...

The smoky smell, sting in the eyes and sore throat is nothing compared with what it would be like at the fire ground. So many animals have been lost along with forests and homes. It is good that you made some progress on something beautiful.

Vivian said...

Wildfires are so scary and I'm glad you can stay in and be safe. I never considered how in addition to property and wildlife damage, how they also affect the air quality ---a sobering thought. On the upside, you are moving along on Celtic and it'll be in your rear view before you know it. How cozy it will be to snuggle under when done!

Julierose said...

So sorry to hear about your smoke filled air!! That fire is just terrible!!
That, to me is one of the hardest parts of finishing a quilt--getting it all through the harp as you go....
good luck... stay safe Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

It's a good idea to stay inside and stitch. The Celtic Solstice is the one mystery I did not have time to do at the time, but kept my clues. I loved seeing them and WILL someday do it.

Ivani said...

So sad with the fire news in Australia. Hope you are in a safe place. Praying.
You are doing a terrific quilting work, beautiful quilt. ♥

Laura said...

Your fires are on our news every night. So horrible! Hope you and yours stay safe! Good luck with Celtic Solstice. Mine is still languishing in the closet. I'm thinking about adding another border.