Monday, January 20, 2020

Buds?

In May last year I was given this African violet which, as you can see, was flowering:
It suffered a bit of damage on a crowded train on the way home that day, losing a couple of leaves. I propagated new plants from those leaves, and gave one of the plant babies to Sue from Mother Patchwork. That baby plant is now flowering for Sue!

I haven't had any flowers on the original plant since those ones it had when I received it. The plant has grown well; it is now about 35cm across, and it looks very healthy:
But no flowers.

However, maybe, just maybe, it is finally thinking of flowering for me. These tiny protrusions are growing under the top ring of leaves:
Are they flower buds, African violet experts?

9 comments:

Julierose said...

I think they are flower buds...they look
purple-ish...hugs, Julierose

ButterZ said...

Fingers crossed for you

Marie Králová said...

This is a success for violet growers. M.

Cheryll said...

wooHoo...your green thumb will pay dividends... xox

Graeme said...

No. Remove them.

Jeanette said...

You are so observant. I don't see buds until they have popped up above the leaves. It's other baby has lots of leaves now, but still really small.

jacaranda said...

Will be interested in seeing what eventuates, flowers or something else.

Maria said...

Ohh sew sweet...

Sue SA said...

I agree they do look like flowers, but I have never really studied mine that closely. Fingers crossed.