Sunday, January 5, 2020

Frolic The Seventh

The seventh installment of the current Quiltville mystery, Frolic, has kept me busy this weekend.
Some of my pinwheels. Once I had finished clue 7, I went back to make extra units for some of the previous clues. That's because after thinking about the possible layout I realised that the units I had made weren't enough to make a square quilt. Making the extra bits now means I won't have so much to do once the reveal happens. I am really looking forward to the reveal - there's going to be some interesting piecing to come with all the un-sewn pieces we have cut so far.

This afternoon while walking the dogs in the lovely fresh rain-washed air, we saw three kangaroos bouncing through the bush (too fast for a photo), and an echidna digging for ants:

It's things like that that make this such a good place to live, even with the fire danger at this time of year.

6 comments:

jacaranda said...

Amazed that the 7th clue is out. Going fast and before we know the quilt top will be finished. The rain was so refreshing.

Jeanette said...

It is so special to see an echidna. Love where you live.

Julierose said...

Very pretty pinwheels; you are keeping up so well with this mystery...hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

Great pinwheels! I just printed clue 7 off but haven't tackled the flying geese yet, been too caught up in the bushfire coverage and started a hand applique project ??!! silly thing to do in the middle of a mystery.

Cheryll said...

Rain...glorious rain...does wonders...
Looking forward to seeing this mystery unveiled...xox

Vivian said...

I am loving your Frolic Pinwheels! It's possible that the upcoming clues will fill in the size gap but making extra units can't hurt either. Never seen an Echidna before, had to look that up. You are surrounded by very interesting wildlife!