Thursday, January 30, 2020

Happy Things

Firstly, here's the first open flower on one of my dahlias:
This is my favourite dahlia. I've always called it Mystic Star, because that's what the person I bought it from said it was. However I think it is actually Mystic Dreamer. Whatever it is, I love it. Some of the other dahlias have buds, but some haven't started towards flowering at all.

Second cause for celebration:
Frolic is all in one piece! I wanted to take it outside to photograph it, but there were march flies waiting on screen doors and windows all round the house. So the screened porch outdoor living area was the perfect spot for a photo free of march flies. Hooray!

10 comments:

ButterZ said...

Absolutely wonderful

Jeanette said...

It looks terrific. What are you going to do with the left over units?

Julierose said...

This turned out beautifully--lovely work and colors...
hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

Your dahlia is perfect, so pretty! The quilt looks great and when I finished my 12th block last night I was leaning towards a straight setting, so good to see one finished. How much of a pain was the border?

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous & must feel gOOd to be a finished flimsy.
The Dahlia is so pretty... no wonder you love it...xox

Dee said...

I particularly love the all the dahlias with the dark leaves. The combination of colour is so striking.

Your quilt is wonderful...you clever girl!

Cherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherry said...

Your Frolic is Fantastic!!!

Wendy said...

Argh March Flies - just the mention of them takes me back to Summer holidays at Dromana. Nasty biting things, no blame for not wanting to go outside!
Your quilt photographed well anyway!!
Cheers

Maria said...

Well done on having Frolic together ... mine still in pieces as I keep getting sidetracked....