Saturday, January 18, 2020

Frolicking!

Last night I checked several times hoping that the next Frolic clue had been released, but eventually went to bed before it arrived. When I woke up this morning, I found an email a friend sent probably about 10 minutes after I went to bed, telling me that the mystery had been revealed!

Bonnie's quilt is amazing. I hope my colour scheme will be OK. My first block:
I was happy to see lots of neutral fabric around the edges of the blocks, which lightens the whole thing.

About 4 hours after completing the first block, I had three more plus sashing pieces, and had had enough sewing for the day. The blocks are not quick to put together, although I did speed up a bit as I went.

This gives me more of an idea how the final quilt will look in my colours:
I think it will work. Phew! I haven't decided exactly how many blocks I will make, and whether I will set them on point as Bonnie did, or straight. I also haven't decided what colour to use for the cornerstones. For now I'll just keep plodding along assembling blocks.


9 comments:

Jeanette said...

So good that your colours are going to work after all your doubts. It is a great design. No setting triangles, yeah!

Julierose said...

Your colors are lovely--I can imagine it takes time to make just one block...nice work hugs Julierose

Marie Králová said...

You have very nice colors of blocks. It will be a great blanket. So far I have compiled Unit 1.
I have grandchildren visiting, my time is for them. Marie

Maria said...

Your colours look good and I always think all folks Mysteries come together beautifully no matter what colour they use..
You weren't far off with one of your guesses...

ButterZ said...

It is a lovely reveal. Now to get all those geese done. Your blocks look like they will come together quick enough.. Have a great day.

jacaranda said...

A lovely combination of colours. I like the “lime green”. Adds some zing to the quilt top.

Cheryll said...

I'm sure it will be wonderful whatever you decide ...xox

Needled Mom said...

I Love your Frolic blocks. The purple was such a good choice.

Vivian said...

I am really liking the way your blocks look! Your toned color scheme is perfectly balanced. Look forward to seeing what you decide between straight set or on-point. Go to say, with what you have here BOTH ways work!