Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Nearly

On Monday I got the sawtooth borders for Frolic made. I had difficulty following the instructions for them, partially because my colours for these are the reverse of Bonnie's, and partly because I had trouble interpreting her pressing instructions. I kept finding that I had pressed the seams the wrong way so there was quite a bit of re-pressing to do. Today I pressed the seam down the middle and they were ready to add to the quilt:

Not so fast - I hadn't done the inner border yet. That took me a lot longer than I expected, but here it is:


I got two sides of the sawtooths (sawteeth?) added before I had had enough of it for the day:
I still need to make the pinwheels to go in the corners, then I can add the final saw things.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW intricate border application...but very pretty...
BH's quilts always seem to have 100's of pieces...hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

Looks great! I made one whole block yesterday! LOL I had not made the aqua flying geese with blue and pink wings, so I still have a lot of piecing and trimming to do...today might be the day, if the air conditioner holds up to the heatwave.

ButterZ said...

Absolutely stunning.
I am still making geese

Jeanette said...

The border is a great finishing touch. I agree with you re the instructions. Read once and had no idea so put aside for later. Your progress is commendable, a January finish is on the cards.

Cheryll said...

Looks even better with the border...
Great effort...xox

Maria said...

You are doing a great job on Frolic.. I had a lot of trouble with Bonnie's instructions this time.
he border does look good....