Friday, January 3, 2020

Re-Starting

It is too hot to be out in the garden and march fly season has begun so today was a good day to spend inside tackling one of my unfinished projects:
This is the Quiltville mystery Celtic Solstice, from six years ago. It is a monster of a thing, almost burying the machine. I was interested to see that although I thread-basted it, there are pins around the outer edge. A couple of times recently when I've been basting quilts I have run out of pins and wondered what happened to them all. Now I know where about 100 of them have been hiding!

By searching back through my blog I found that I began the quilting in March 2017. I quilted just the 4-patches with this orange-peel design:
At the time I said, "Once that's done I'll work out what to do with the rest of it." But what really happened was that once that was done I put it aside and didn't touch it again until yesterday. I picked something (relatively) easy to do first, and stitched in the ditch down each side of the narrow neutral border, then quilted ribbon candy along it. Next I will quilt the blue and orange border, but not immediately as the next Frolic mystery clue will come out late tonight.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Like your positive spin on March Fly Season. Your Celtic Solstice prompted me to start doing the annual mystery quilts. It is a great quilt.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful, eventually another one to tick of the unfinished quilt list.

Maria said...

Go girl and it will be done in no time..
Oh No 7 and I haven't done 6..

ButterZ said...

Good work quilting on another mystery. They are big quilts

Julierose said...

That is a big quilting job for sure!! I like the orange peel design a lot good luck hugs, Julierose

Cheryll said...

That's a great way to start a new year...
finish off a project... luv it.
Well done xox

Marie Králová said...

It will be an interesting blanket. You started the New Year nicely - by sewing.
Marie