Monday, March 16, 2020

Wombat Planter

This was the purchase I mentioned making at the Begonia Festival (a week ago already!):

A wombat with personality.

He is made by the Crow's Foot Pottery in Panmure. I first came across their cute planters a few years ago, in open gardens around Ballarat. This echidna was an example:
I've seen Crow's Foot Pottery at a couple of markets since then, but never when it was convenient to make a purchase (such as when walking 6km around Lake Wendouree at Springfest). So I was happy to snap one up when I saw them at the festival, and very happy that we had a parking spot close to the market as he is quite a heavy wombat.

Now I just have to decide what to plant in him.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Such a charmer. When he is planted up it will look like he has just come out from under a bush to sniff the air.

Pamela said...

How cute!

Sue SA said...

These are just adorable! Mum had a hand made pottery animal planter from SA, she grew chives in it and they looked appropriate, but I think any herbs or succulents would be fun.

Vivian said...

So that's where we're supposed to put our quilting WOMBATS (Waste of Money, Batting and Time)?!? No really, these planters are all too cute!