Thursday, March 19, 2020

Visiting Hours

Today when I went to visit Mum I was told that from now on only people who are listed as contacts for patients will be allowed to visit. The listed contacts are Dad and me. Earlier today my niece had come to visit and was turned away. Grandchildren are apparently banned (even if they are in their 20s, not children.) I hope we can arrange it that my sister and brother can alternate days with me, as it just wouldn't be right to stop them visiting. And it is going to be awful for Mum if she can't have visits from anyone other than Dad and me.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

We know that keeping them safe is priority one--but they do need that connection to keep them from getting lonesome and depressed...tough times--sending prayers for you--
As a caregiver it is so difficult...
always choices and decisions which can weigh upon your mind.
Happy you can sew to help keep your spirits up...I know it helps me--not being able to see my family members...thank goodness for Thom here with me...
hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

There was a lovely photo ub the paper of a family visiting their matriarch on her 100th birthday. She was behind glass but still saw all the generations out in the garden.

Maria said...

We do need to keep all in aged care safe... Some are not allowing any visitors so your Mum is fortunate to still be able to see her hubby and you.

Laura said...

Your poor mom! It is such a bad time to be in the hospital.