Monday, March 30, 2020

Bees in Dahlias

The garden was buzzing with activity today. The "Bonnie Fire" dahlias are very attractive to bees:
Sometimes more than one bee per flower:
The salvias are also attracting bees, and eastern spinebills. I haven't managed to get a good photo of the spinebills yet.

My X-Plus quilt blocks are helping to mark the passing of the days:
Eight done now. This should be enough for half a donation quilt, perhaps with a border around them. I'll decide on the border in another eight days.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

The dahlias are very attractive to humans too. And how fortunate you are to have spine bills visiting.

Julierose said...

Lovely X+ blocks...nice work on these.
Quite a fiery display on those flowers...
~ ~ ~ Julierose

jacaranda said...

Your dahlias are a beautiful colour, nature is wonderful and it must be lovely to sit and watch the bees at work.

Pamela said...

I didn't know what dahllias were. Very pretty!
There is a famous unsolved murder from the 1940's in Los Angeles called the Black Dahlia. I knew it was a flower, but I don't know where the name of the murder case comes from.