Sunday, March 1, 2020

Happy Autumn!


My ginkgo tree is maybe showing the first signs of autumn,
or maybe it is just scorched.

My Japanese maple has beautiful red seeds, but the leaves just look burnt:
Maybe it needs a more sheltered position.



February stash report:

I did very little sewing in February. I used up a small amount of fabric making extra bits and pieces for my smaller Frolic., but I added to my stash by buying a metre of this fabric:
I've used some of it in the small Frolic, and some will be a border for that quilt. And some will just be added stash.


Thread:
No spools emptied, none added.
Year to date - no change.

Dress fabric:
None used, none added.
Year to date - no change.

Quilt fabric:
0.5m used, 1m added
Year to date - down 3m.

7 comments:

Marie Králová said...

Vireya welcomes autumn and we look forward to spring. You bought a nice cloth with polka dots. Marie

Debi said...

I love reading your posts, such lovely flowers and quilts. Thank you for sharing so much.

Julierose said...

We are REALLY looking forward to Spring--so far no snow --well, just a small spritzing in December...but it has been varying from super cold to 50F or 60F--very unusual for this area...Winds whipping here the past two days...so far no power issues...so wind chill factors have been the issue for any outside walking...[treadmill and Recumbent bike instead] . Hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

I found a single red leave in the centre of my small crepe myrtle (which is in full bloom) and spotted two brown leaves on a very large tree, so my garden is contemplating autumn!
Just love spot fabric and this is the best sort, perfect for backgrounds in a variety of projects, definitely a good buy.

Jeanette said...

The calendar may say Autumn but the weather is still confused wet and humid. No firm signs here yet except that the pumpkins may be ready to harvest soon.

Laura said...

Cute fabric! I love dots.

jacaranda said...

Have noticed a few trees our way are starting to change colour on their leaves.