Saturday, March 28, 2020

Now Six

Six of the X-Plus blocks now:
Making one a day helps keep track of the time passing. Sorry it is a bit blurry - it was taken in low light with my phone, and I didn't realise how bad it was until I got it on my computer.

This afternoon on a lovely walk with the dogs, I photographed our state floral emblem:
Common heath, Epacris impressa. The pink form is our state emblem; this one is quite a pale pink, so I'm not sure if that counts. There are all shades from white to hot pink blooming near it though, just not as easily photographed. They bloom from late autumn to spring, so there should be lots of flowers ahead.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the common heath photo.It is a very pretty flower unlike some of the brash ones adopted by other states.

Pamela said...

Great blocks! You have so many gorgeous flowers to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Sue SA said...

Such a pretty plant I am not sure why I don't have one, LOL must add it to the list!

jacaranda said...

They are quite prolific on the sides of the road to Trenthem, we have a pretty State floral emblem, though I do like NSW's Waratah. Love your blocks.

chrisknits said...

Oh, I love your blocks. The colors are perfect!! Hoping all is well with your Mom, I have been praying for her and your family. Stay well.

Laura said...

Your blocks look great. So precise! I enjoy seeing the different flowers everyone posts. Right now, I have daffodils, irises (the early ones) and a few columbine.