Saturday, December 1, 2018

Not What I Should Be Doing

I really should be working on my Christmas challenge quilt, which has to be finished by Wednesday and is still not completely quilted.

So why did I start cutting squares of fabric before breakfast to make "magic 8" half-square triangles? And why did I then mark diagonal lines on them, sew them , cut them apart and then press them?

I don't know, but at the end of the day I still hadn't finished quilting the challenge piece, and I had an awful lot of these:
Week two of the mystery just about finished. I'm not going to trim them to size until the challenge quilting is done!

8 comments:

jacaranda said...

Why did you start cutting squares before breakfast.....because it is exciting to see the next step of a mystery, well done. I know you will get your challenge done.

Pamela said...

Good luck with that! Sometimes things call you to work on them, no matter what else needs to be done.

Pink Rose said...

Wow Vireya you sure keep yourself busy,lovely work my friend. Hubby and I went off to the nursery in Warrenhiep today. Haven't been there before wow they had some beautiful plants and gifts ,I will be visiting this one again,have you been there?

Deb said...

It is amazing how the mystery just keeps pulling us in. Anxious to see how yours turns out with the color changes!

Julierose said...

Starting a "new" project is like that lol You now have a nice start and can whiz through your deadline piece in the knowledge that the mystery has begun... ...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

It's looks like you'er on a roll with the mystery.
Now to get your quilting done :)

Cherry said...

Ah, the undeniable pull of a BH Mystery clue! Looks like a beautiful start on your newest project. I need to get going, pull fabrics and get busy.

Jeanette said...

You should be doing what your enjoy and from the sound of things you have everything under control.