Monday, December 10, 2018

New Arrival

Today I went to Geelong, and this came back home with me:

It is a Janome Memory Craft 6500P. I've never owned a computerised machine before. I read lots of online reviews of this model before I went to look at it. This one was originally purchased in May 2010, but sadly its owner's sight has deteriorated to the point where she can't sew, and in fact has had to go into care. Her daughter was selling the machine. I took a few bits of fabric and some thread with me to test its functions, like buttonholes, some fancy stitches, and sewing binding on a quilt (those off-cuts from my challenge were handy for that). The machine did everything beautifully, and very quietly! A couple of the feet are missing, but are easy to replace.

It is very solid, so I won't be moving it around once I get it set up in my sewing room!

10 comments:

Julierose said...

How Exciting--enjoy learning what your new machine can do...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

All the bells and whistles plus purple. You are in for a lot of fun.

jacaranda said...

Enjoy your new friend. I have a Janome 6500 Memory Craft. I love my machine but it is not one to be taken to classes...I have trouble lifting it.

Needled Mom said...

That's a great machine. I'm sure you will love it.

Pink Rose said...

Wow Bireya very nice,you will have lots of fun with this beauty.

Jo said...

I am getting my friends 6600P in 2 weeks. It is similar to yours. Not sure of the difference. Enjoy your sewing and exploration. Have fun.

Florence said...

that is a awesome machine,,,,,,will last forever and ever.....

Sue SA said...

Merry CHristmas to you! How exciting to have a new machine.

Pamela said...

Wow! This machine must be able to do everything.

Laura said...

So exciting!!!!! Enjoy your new toy!!