Thursday, December 13, 2018

Mystery Week Three

After my frustrations with this "half chevron" unit earlier in the week, I decided to cut and sew them differently:

Diamonds and triangles cut with the Easy Angle ruler, chain piecing with ease.

Ready for pressing:

First side pressed, ready for the second triangle:

And after the second triangle was added:

They still need their bunny ears trimmed off. As I go through them, any that are not quite right I will cut down for the HSTs we need this week. Because I haven't started that part of the requirements yet! I will use the "magic 8" method when I get to them.

Hopefully it is not too late for me to join the link-up. It is here, anyway, so you can check out everyone else's fantastic progress on Good Fortune!

10 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a nice sampling of low volume fabrics you are using....good you found your own way to make the pieces...hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

An impressive 1/4 inch seam. Well done mastering this clue despite the frustrating start.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya it all looks very interesting,cant wait to see it finished,do you like sewing with your new machine?

jacaranda said...

Looking good and the colours are lovely.

Jo said...

Well done. At least you have made a start.

Marie Králová said...

Managed. You also have beautiful colored fabrics. Marie

AfterMath Quilting said...

Looking good!

Pamela said...

Nice fabrics!

Needled Mom said...

I like the red in this clue. Don't worry about keeping up. We have all year before the next clues come out.... right?

Laura said...

Your units look great! This was not my favorite step either.