Friday, December 28, 2018

Slow Day

Another day when it was too hot to do anything energetic. I pulled out my Rajah Revisited, which has been waiting in pieces for me to do the appliquéd flowers in the second border.
As you can see, I still haven't done the appliqué, but now the pieces are sewn together ready for it. I also attached the narrow orange strips, because the white fabric frays easily and I am hoping that the orange will protect those edges as I work on the flowers.

The next border is already assembled, and has been waiting six months for the flowers to be done.

10 comments:

jacaranda said...

Vireya, you have done more than me today, I slept for a couple of hours on the couch!!

Jeanette said...

I have also had a very slow day, it included a lovely long float in a cool bath listening to podcasts.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya this is going to be stunning,hope you are enjoying our hot weather.

chris said...

Slow days are good - found a pair of shorts that need the hem fixed. I'll see if I can raise the energy to do that!

chris said...

Btw - Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Pamela said...

Beautiful quilt top!
I was traveling all day, so no stitching done yet. Maybe after dinner.

chrisknits said...

How gorgeous that is! Can't wait to see the applique put on.

Needled Mom said...

That is really pretty.

Julierose said...

S L O W (also slow witted evidently--as on my "Crossed Up" post) day here too...this interim week between Christmas and New Year's always seems lost in time and space for me...i get confused--what day is it today?? LOL
I think your rajah piece is so pretty--can't wait to see the flowers appliqued on it...Hope the weather cools off for you--sounds really really H O T there...
hugs, Julierose

Cherry said...

Progress, no matter how slow, is still forward movement! There's always tomorrow.