Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Sign of Life

I'm happy to see this little shoot which has just appeared:
A week or so ago we were having a bit of a clean-up, re-potting a few plants, emptying out pots where plants had died, and the like. One pot I was emptying had had a Zanzibar Gem (Zamioculcas zamiifolia) in it, which  came from the mark-down table at Bunnings about 6 months ago. I think they had left it out in the cold, and the leaves were a bit limp. It was cheap so I bought it, but the leaves dropped off and nothing had happened since. I tipped out the pot and discovered that there was still a healthy tuber in it, with what appeared to be a shoot growing from it. So instead of going into the compost, the tuber was re-potted. And now the shoot has popped up!

I don't have a good record with this allegedly indestructible plant, having killed one already. So I'm very happy to see that this one hasn't met the same fate.

2 comments:

Pink Rose said...

fingers crossed for you Vireya.

Jeanette said...

so far so good