Saturday, December 22, 2018

Long Day

Happy summer solstice!

First item on the agenda was checking the next mystery clue. And then I had to make some to see how they looked:
And then I may have cut, and even sewed, a few more:

 After lunch we took a trip to Avalon Nursery:
 And a bunch of small plants came home with us, which were planted out once the sun dropped a bit.

Wisteria update:
Both wisterias have now climbed to the top of the pergola uprights, and are starting to spread along it.

Speaking of climbing:
I think this guy has reached the top of the weed he is on. Fortunately I noticed him just as I was about to grab the weed and pull it out, so I left it and him there.


Just as we were about to have dinner I looked out the front window and saw this on the grass out the front:
It stayed out there for nearly an hour. Amazing!

Jack and Dot were not impressed with having a wallaby trespassing on their property, though:









10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what a riot, here I am posting about the Winter Solstice and you are having your Summer Solstice...
i am glad that here the days will be lengthening...
hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

I like this day, not looking forward to the heat of summer, bring on Autumn.

Pamela said...

I love the photo of the dogs looking out!

Turid said...

We just had the shortest day, and now luckily we go against longer days and more daylight. Great blocks you've made. I had no time to sit by my sewing machine today.

Jeanette said...

You made the most of the day (great blocks) and then had it made for you with the wallaby visit. How special!

Needled Mom said...

Your Good Fortune blocks look great. I am looking forward to the longer days as we pass through winter.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya oh wow i am loving your blocks the colours are awesome.I havent been to this nursery yet but hubby has, your wistera is going to look amazing . Wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas and a happy and safe new year my friend xxxxxx

Maria said...

Nice clue 5 blocks.....
Oh your dogs would love to chase that wallaby...

Allison said...

I like your interpretation of a block using part 5. Very clever.

Kathy S. said...

Oh my goodness, a wallaby!!! That's it. I'm definitely a new follower of your blog now. We have wild deer, fox, and turkey here in Ohio (USA)for entertainment. On Monday there was a wild turkey buzzard taking some of the treats I gave my chickens in their chicken yard. I LOVE the pics of the scenery. Happy sewing!