Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Finished Item

The final step:

And the KitchenAid cover is complete:
End panels in co-ordinating print:
A bit saggy because there is no actual mixer inside - that's just the cover standing up by itself. It can do that because I quilted the fabrics before cutting out and assembling the cover.

Slightly naughty story of these fabrics:
For the quilt guild Kris Kringle we had to provide 2 FQs of a current range of fabric. I bought half-metre cuts of these two fabrics, (which are from a new release by Nutex called "Leafy Meadow") keeping half of each piece for myself. Some time on the day of the Christmas dinner I realised they would be perfect for this project I wanted to make for a friend's birthday. But now I didn't have enough. What to do? When it was my turn to choose a gift my parcel was still available. Was it wrong that I grabbed it? Is that against the spirit of KK? I don't know! I do know that I was very happy with my KK gift, and that the same can't be said for everyone on my table.


Forgot to add: I got the idea and the basic instructions from here: Heart of Mary - How to make a KitchenAid cover

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a confession. This goes against all the KK rules where you are supposed to risk all in the vain hope that someone brought something nice.
The cover looks really good, stylish for a very stylish appliance. As it is a gift your KK bad behaviour is perfectly forgivable.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya,lol I love your story ,how funny and perfect at the same time,I am very glad that you enjoyed your KK to yourself,lol. I love the fabric and your friend will love this cover,Thankyou too for the link checked it out yesterday and I am going to make myself one after Xmas,beautifully made my friend,well done .

jacaranda said...

Good on you Vireya and it’s not the first time someone has selected their own. Love the cover and the fabric is beautiful and modern.

Maria said...

A fabulous job of the kitchen aid cover..
Good on you for picking your own gift as it's lovely fabric for the cover.

Julierose said...

Hahaha--why not? The cover came out really well...
hugs, Julierose

Pamela said...

Very nice! I like how it turned out. I think it is fine to choose your own gift. Personally, I don't like participating in gift exchanges.