Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Bunch of Stuff

I have fallen behind with blogging, and can't remember half the days I've missed. So here are some random photos taken since my last post, to bring me roughly up to date:

Ron's orchid started opening:

A load of dirt was dropped on the "lawn":
A few days later it was spread over the lawn to even out the surface, but I don't have any photos of that.


Blossom on a pear tree:

And a quince:
I adore the quince flowers.

I started quilting my Amanda Herring "Friendship Quilt", then had a bobbin problem:
 Then with the help of some internet advice, fixed it and could continue:

The first rose of the year:
Rugosa rose looking a bit strange because it was raining that day.

Visited an amazing display put on by the local Orchid Society:

Had two friends come to lunch one day and didn't take any photos. But it was lovely to see them!

Planted out the rest of my garden "bed":
Had to re-do the "pillow" section as well as the soil in it was completely hydrophobic so the plants were not growing.

Saw my brother for the third time in 37 years. And didn't take any photos.

This is the end of the tulips in the layered pot:
They have given us a lovely display over six weeks since the first one opened on 12th September.

And now the sweetpeas have started:


6 comments:

Jeanette said...

A lot of happy things going on in these photos. Hope that bed now grows well and is quickly covered in flowers.

jacaranda said...

Busy lady, lots of lovely bunch of stuff, your garden is lovely.

Jo said...

It's hard catching up. I have enjoyed seeing your beautiful garden. Sounds like a good few lunch dates.

Julierose said...

Lots of stuff going on--sometimes it's hard to find time to post all that happens--thanks for the catch-up--you sure have a lot of beautiful flowers, trees, and plants...hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

Glad you were able to solve the bobbin case problem, what a disaster if you couldn't sew! Love your garden bed, perfect for peas!

Pamela said...

A lot going on in your garden! You have been busy.
(I saw your comment on Sarah's blog. I hope you decide to start a new temperature hexie project!)