Sunday, October 14, 2018

Stay At Home Retreat

This weekend was my quilt guild's annual "stay at home" retreat. I had trouble deciding what to take with me to work on, as the main thing I need to do is my Christmas challenge piece for this group, and that has to remain secret.

In the end I took three things to do, and got them all done.

1. Binding and label added to the charity quilt with polar fleece backing that I quilted a week ago:

2. Backing made for my "Easy Street" quilt:
That's three lengths of fabric sewn together to make backing for this nearly 2.5m square quilt. Easy Street was the Bonnie Hunter mystery in 2012. Mine was last seen here in July 2016, when I was adding borders. Now I have the top, the batting, and the back ready. How long until I get it basted, I wonder?

3. Appliquéing the last three-and-a-half of these things:
That's the fourth side done for this round of Rajah Revisited. It has been a long time coming. I made the first side in March, finished the second side in June, and have taken another four months to get to this point. Here's how it all looks so far on the design board at home:
The top and bottom borders aren't attached yet, because see those bare corners? They are now meant to get something like this added:
I'm considering my options.

I was told beforehand that you should take far more than you can achieve to the retreat. I failed in that respect, but I'm glad that I did finish what I took with me!

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh your Rajah is lovely--beautiful work nice that you got stuff done hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Well done getting all three projects done.
The Rajah quilt looks great sew far,

Jeanette said...

What a productive retreat. I never seem to get much done on retreat. Too much looking at what everyone else is working on.

Jo said...

I always way too much to retreat. This year I am only taking 1... My Bonnie Hunter "on RINGO lake" . It will take all Friday night to find where I am up to. This will be a first for me. Oh no, 1 project.
Very good you got them all done. Probably wouldn't have if you stayed at home.