Saturday, October 6, 2018

Twelfth

This is the 12th charity quilt I have quilted:
 It's been a while since the 11th one back in June.

Strictly speaking this is not a quilt; it does not have three layers. There is the pieced top, and a polar fleece backing, and nothing in between. This was an experiment, but I don't think I will do it again. The polar fleece quilts up fine, but it picks up every bit of thread and dog hair and lint and just looks bad.

Back view so you can see the quilting:
It is really a much darker blue than it appears in the photo.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh that is good to know about the fleece as a backing--too bad as it looks nice and warm...and soft...
pretty one...hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Oh I like to use polar fleece as a backing especially for little ones in the winter. Sew snuggly..
Beautiful quilting.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful colours, I have used polar fleece instead of batting for charity quilts. So sad, I haven’t quilted for so long, I couldn’t remember the word “batting”.

Pamela said...

Blue is my favorite. I think this is fabulous!

Jo said...

Polar fleece has its place. I have used it a few times for charity quilts. You have done a great job

MLM247 said...

Stunning quilting. You have certainly gone above and beyond with the number of hours you worked on this quilt. The front is much much nicer than the charity quilts done at my quilting club. What a lovely gift this will be for someone who really needs some comfort.

Jeanette said...

Excellent quilting, an experiment worth trying.

Jeann of Melton said...

Love the colours! Well done on charity quilts.