Thursday, October 25, 2018

Staying Home

For many years I've been meeting once a month with a group of quilters in the Melbourne CBD. I wasn't sure exactly when I started going - the earliest photo of myself I could find in their online albums is from March 2007:
But searching through some old emails, I discovered that my first meeting was actually in July 2005.  13 years ago!

I haven't attended every month since - sometimes I was working, and sometimes I was away. But in recent years, even since moving here, I have made the trip into the city every month. And then today I didn't.

It felt a bit strange to not get up early and rush to get to the train on time. But I thought if I wasn't going in to town I better do something constructive with my time:
I didn't finish quilting this, but I got about 90% of it done before I stopped to take the dogs out for a walk.

4 comments:

jacaranda said...

Sometimes a change of scenery does us good.

Julierose said...

It's nice not to have to get up and rush off somewhere isn't it? I love those slow coffee mornings...hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

Very good. A great productive day.

Jeanette said...

That is a very long time to stay connected to a group and continuing to do so after moving to the country is a huge commitment. Your private quilting session achieved a lot more than at a typical sit and sew day.