Thursday, October 4, 2018

90

I obviously have some sort of mental block when it comes to family occasions and photographs. I either have flat batteries in my camera, or no camera, or forget to take photos until everyone is leaving. This time my camera had been put away at the other end of the house, which I only realised as the candles were being lit on my mother's birthday cake. Fortunately my phone was close by, so I grabbed that to get a couple of shots. But that meant taking pictures without a flash of people sitting in front of a bright window.
So I ended up with photos only slightly better than silhouettes. I've lightened these up as well as I can, but they are not brilliant.

Time to blow out the candles:

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice memory photos...I also am always "forgetting" to take pix in the heat of the moment at gatherings...
hugs, Julierose

Julierose said...

P.S. Oh and i forgot to say--90!! as in 90 years old???
Amazing...hugs, Julierose

jacaranda said...

Happy Special Birthday to your mother, I hope her day was a happy one.

Lee said...

Blessings to you mother in reaching 90! That's a lot of living, and hopefully it has been good, and will remain so. The images look very nicely on my laptop, not too dark at all!

Jeanette said...

The special day cake is beautifully enhanced by your lovely table runner.

Sue SA said...

Congratulations to your mother for her birthday, such a special occasion. I am hopeless at taking family pictures as well as we went to visit the aunts and uncles and cousins recently and I didnt take one photo!
Oh well, these are fairly good. And I love your orchids.