Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Forsythia Saga

Each month at their meetings the local Horticultural Society run a little fund-raising activity. The prize is, unsurprisingly, a plant. Last night I was happy to see that the prize was a forsythia, as we have been looking for one for a while without success. So with that tempting prize we bought a few more tickets than usual.

And look what happened:
I had the winning ticket!

After that experience I knew exactly what 1-Across was in the Guardian crossword this morning:


Yes, it was this morning, even though it has yesterday's date. Due to time zone differences I'm always doing the previous day's puzzle.

Then later in the day we were notified an order from an online nursery was ready to collect. And look what was in the order:

A teeny-tiny forsythia! I did not know about this order when purchasing give-away tickets last night. So now we need to find spots for two forsythias.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good things come in threes! Stunning yellow.

Julierose said...

Serendipity for sure--Often when i am doing a crossword, a subject or clue comes up that we were just discussing...funny. Lovely plants--they should brighten any spot beautifully hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

LOL what a funny coincidence! I am not familiar with this plant, but its very pretty, so might need to find one for myself.

jacaranda said...

Lucky lady.

Pamela said...

I had forsythias in my yard when I lived in the US. I love the cheery yellow.

MLM247 said...

Locky. Perhaps by this time next year you have struck a few cuttings too. Imagine a path bordered by such a colour.

Terry said...

Oh how lucky for you. My father always used to say spring was on the way when they bloomed.