Sunday, October 28, 2018

Thirteen

At a sit and sew day yesterday I got 4 more charity quilts basted. It would have been 5 but I ran out of pins. At least I got the batting and backing ready for that 5th one. Once these are quilted I think there are only another 3 tops to do, but the numbers seem to grow when I'm not looking, so I could be wrong.

When I came home I jumped straight into quilting the first one, and today I finished it:
I quilted an all-over swirl design in the blocks, then an elongated swirl in the border as well.

You can see the texture in this shot of the back as the quilt was blowing in the breeze:
It would be nice it they all went that quickly.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Your quilting standard on these quilts is much higher than most that are gifted. Much better though to make a quilt you would be happy to give in person. I am sure all this work will be appreciated by the recipients.

Julierose said...

Lovely textured swirls--your quilting is lovely...hugs, Julierose

Pamela said...

What a gorgeous quilt!