Sunday, October 8, 2017

Retreat

This weekend has been the Ballaarat Quilters' "Stay at Home" retreat. "Stay at Home" because it's not a sleep-over retreat, just all-day sewing sessions. This year there were no classes; the focus was completing items for our upcoming quilt show. I missed Saturday morning because of the trip to Mount Macedon, but yesterday afternoon I attended and did some hand stitching. Today I brought along my machine and my "What's in the Box" mystery quilt, and made and attached the binding:
I'm trying a new (to me) binding technique. I sewed ricrac braid down first, and once the binding is complete the ricrac will peep out from behind it.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Great idea with the rick rack!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vireya,wow you sure did have a busy weekend my friend,your quilt looks amazing xx

Jeann of Melton said...

I like the sound of the ricrac technique.

Jeanette said...

The extra touch of pink should look really good near the edge of the quilt. Great idea.

chris said...

Great idea - will give that a go on my next baby quilt - seem to be doing a lot lately for friends' grandchildren. They're fun.

Jo said...

I wish I had known you when I lived near mt Macedon. That area is so close to my heart. I hope you get to have a cuppa at the " Top of the Range" cafe at the cross. It is owned by my daughters friend. A very special place for me..