Monday, January 28, 2019

Tunic Top

My first finish of the year:
 StyleArc "Culliver" tunic.
Using up some fabric I bought in India, which means I have owned it for more than 10 years. The fabric was sold as a set for making a salwar kameez. The cream fabric is for the top (kameez), and the dark green for the trousers (salwar). There is also a matching dark green dupatta (scarf or shawl) which is a much lighter fabric. I could have made the whole top out of just the cream fabric, but I wanted some contrast. There is enough fabric left to make another version in the opposite colours, with a bit of creative fabric joining.

6 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya oh you are clever I love your new top and how special that the fabric is from India xx

Pamela said...

This looks great! Well done!

Kate said...

Looks good, Vireya

Julierose said...

Lovely tunic top--great fabric choices on this one; very flattering look...hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

Well done. I’m sure you will recall some fun times when you are wearing it too.

Jeanette said...

Great fabric, very clever way to combine the complementary fabrics.