Monday, January 14, 2019

Flowers and Pins

The sea of gladdies early this morning:

This amazing one is in a different part of the garden:
I do not remember seeing it flower before. It would be a corm dug up in the garden rescue mission of 2015, but perhaps it was very tiny and has only this year grown enough to start flowering. It is beautiful!

My job today was basting my Good Fortune quilt:
It is too big to be done all at once so there was a lot of unclipping, moving, and reclipping between pinning bouts.

Eventually most of it was pinned:
But I ran out of pins before I made it to the edges:
so most of the borders are not pinned yet. I will have to quilt the centre of the quilt, then use the removed pins in the borders. I wonder where the rest of my pins are? Perhaps there is a basted charity quilt or two that I had forgotten about...


The highlight of my day, better than seeing a beautiful new flower, or getting the mystery quilt basted, was receiving a parcel all the way from Norway:
This very sweet pincushion is a special gift from Turid at Den syende himmel. It is wonderful how the internet has brought us friends in all corners of the world. I first met Turid through one of Bonnie's previous mystery quilts. If you haven't visited Turid's blog, you should check out this post:
La Passion from a drone, where you can see her amazing "La Passion" hexagon quilt (16,762 hexies!), as well as some of the beautiful area of Norway which is her home.




7 comments:

Pamela said...

Pretty flowers and a gorgeous quilt!

Jeanette said...

A lovey parcel in the post. Thanks for the link to Turid's video, it is beautiful.
Good fortune with your quilting, and hoping those borders stay nice and flat while they are pin free.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful gladdies, hope the heat doesn’t spoil them. Lovely surprise parcel.

Julierose said...

that rescued gladioli is such a lovely peach-ey color! Your good fortune really came out beautifully--it seems to me that it took you no time at all to pull this one together--good job...hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

What a wonderful surprise.

hetty said...

Beautiful glads. I don't use pins any more. I use 505 quilter's basting spray. Do you have that where you are?

Maria said...

You always have such a beautiful show in your garden, Love the blue Gladies...
What a cute funky pincushion from Turid.
Yes it great having met sew many friends all over the globe through blogging.