Thursday, January 10, 2019

Much Bordering

My goal today was to add the 2nd, 3rd and 4th borders to Good Fortune, i.e. to finish the top!

I had already assembled the 2nd and 3rd borders, so I didn't expect sewing them on to take too much time. But attaching them took much longer than I expected, and involved a lot more stabbing myself with pins than I would have preferred.

It took me all morning to get the 2nd border on, as I could only do one side then I needed to take a break from it.
Pressing the final side of the 2nd border.

Lots of pins for the next border:

On the ironing board with the 3rd border fully attached, but not pressed yet:

On the clothesline late in the afternoon, and still not pressed as the sky was clouding over and it looked like it might rain. I wanted a photograph before that happened.

Once the final border is on I will not be able to hang it like this on the clothesline, because it almost touches the ground now.

Here's this week's link-up. There will be another link-up on Monday, by which time I will have the last border on.

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sew many borders! You have done a great job keeping all those seams under control. I hope your fingers recover and you don't have any nightmares about unruly strips.

mac said...

Beautiful.

jacaranda said...

Congratulations, a beautiful quilt top.

Kate said...

Looks terrific, Vireya. I think your fabrics work well together

Julierose said...

Lovely work on this one--complex borders--they really look great. Try not to stab yourself too much ;)))
(I hate doing that--it hurts a lot!!) hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

It's looking absolutely amazing. What a great effort.

chrisknits said...

Wow, it is lovely, even without the last border!

Marly said...

Congratulations; it looks perfect!

Marie Králová said...

SUPER !!!! Beautifully.
Marie

Sue SA said...

Looks fantastic!

Terry said...

Like the feel of spring your colour choices give this great quilt. All ready for Monday link up.Beautiful .

Turid said...

This came out beautifully, but with so much work. I will finish my small one later this month.

Needled Mom said...

It's just beautiful.

Jeann of Melton said...

Your quilt output is amazing!

Pamela said...

This is fabulous! Very well done!

Cindy said...

Love how you changed up the color placement.Great job!🌝