Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scatterday - W

Welcome to Scatterdays!

What?

Scatterdays is a game which has been initiated by Cinzia. Each week she will give the participants a letter and four different categories. We then have one week to find one thing for each category, photograph it and upload it to our blogs on Saturday (Scatterday). A bunch of people are "Scatterers" and you can see the full list with links at Cinzia's blog.

This week, Cinzia gave us:

And the categories are:
# Expensive
# Music
# Exciting
# WIP


Expensive:
Waterlily
I saw this beautiful tropical waterlily for sale for $45 a plant this week. That's too expensive for me!

Music:
Wind-chimes
Actually this is not the most musical wind chime, but it is special to me because it was a housewarming present from a friend who died not long after. It seems to have been made by pressing real leaves into the wet clay.

Exciting:
Wollemi Pine
This rare tree was discovered growing in NSW in 1994. Before that, it had only been seen as fossils over 2 million years old. It might be old news now, but I still find it exciting!

Work in Progress:
"Whirlin' Dervish" wall-hanging quilt designed by Margaret J Miller.
It's close to being finished, but I'm stuck; I don't know how to quilt the green areas. It is a long time since I started quilting it, and I'd love to get it finished, so any ideas are welcome.

Head over to Cinzia's blog to check out the other Scatterers posting their W finds today.

12 comments:

jacaranda said...

Love your photos, looking forward to the next letter in the challenge.

Chiara Z said...

This sounds like fun. I wonder if you could echo quilt the green areas in the Whirlin' Dervish to emphasise the movement?? It's hard to see on the pic what quilting you've already done.

Joy V said...

Great lot of photos Vireya. You really covered 'W'.

cinzia said...

$45 for a plant..definitely expensive. I think the wind chimes are beautiful.

Ozjane said...

love the green theme coming through. Beautiful job.

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading what everyone else has done. Lovely set of pictures, Vireya.
from another Scatterdayer.

Birdydownunder said...

great photos. ohhh I would love that Waterlilly I have just the spot for it lol. thanks for visiting my blog.

OneLittleThread said...

Great set of Ws

Julie said...

It must have been very difficult to resist that glorious water lilly it is indeed beauitful!

blessedspeedy said...

What lovely pictures

Liz Needle said...

The water lily is stunning, but have to agree thatthe price is a bit over the top. Just love your quilt- the colours are stunning.

Ros said...

I love your water lily too but gee what a
Rice! Great photos