Tuesday, April 28, 2020

More Baby Violets

Early last month I posted about the slow growth of this tiny violet baby:

The friend who had given me the original leaf this one grew from came to visit a couple of days later and presented me with more leaves from the same plant.

Today I checked on them and found that three of them have started growing new baby violets:

They might not be easy to see, but there are new little leaves growing on all but the one on the bottom right.

The tiny plant at the top of this post has also started growing, and now has twice as many leaves as it had back then.

I am going to have to find new homes for some of these violets.

6 comments:

Maria said...

I see them...
Shame I live so far away..

Jeanette said...

Very happy to hear the new batch are doing well and that the original one has finally decided to grow. They will have very delicate fluted pink blooms.

Pamela said...

You have a green thumb. African violets are one of my favorites.

Julierose said...

Longing to see the flower colors as they emerge...you have quite a collection going there..;)))
~ ~ ~ waving under weeping skies Julierose

Sue SA said...

Did you ever find a local supplier of the pottery African violet pots? Mine seem to grow better in that pot but might also be the windowsill location. Fingers crossed they get going soon such a pretty colour.

jacaranda said...

Growing well, I must find some leaves and give them a go. My mother always had them lined up on the kitchen windowsill.