Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Garden in April

The garden is covered in flowers at the moment. A lot of them are the same as last month, but there are a few new ones. I ran around photographing them today, and when I uploaded the photos off the camera I was surprised to find I had taken 76 photos. There are a lot of photos here, but not that many, I promise!

Blue chalk sticks:

Abutilon with at least three bees inside:

Chives:

Californian poppies:

Borage:

Viburnum tinus:

Red hot pokers:

Nerine:

Rosemary:

Buddleia:

Salvia mexicana "Limelight":
There are about half a dozen different salvias, but this one has the most amazing colour combination.

Osteospermum - African daisy:

Thryptomene:

Lavender:

Graffiti geraniums:

Zinnias:

Digger's speedwell:

Hakea "Burrendong beauty":
Not actually open yet, but they look pretty good even before they do.

Correa:

Forgot to look at the tag on this one and it is too dark outside to go and check it now:

Marigolds:

The lilac flowers in spring, but this is the second year it has had a few autumn flowers as well:

Another confused spring-flowering plant, the flowering quince (Chaenomeles):

Penstemon with dahlias and salvias in the background:

Lots of roses. This one is "Raspberry Tiger"

I'm not sure exactly what this ground-cover plant is:
(Huge thanks to Dee for identifying it for me in the comments. Cymbalaria muralis, Kenilworth ivy)

Also flowering, honeysuckle, hebes, windflowers, verbena, echevarias, strawberries, kangaroo paws, a few euphorbias, so many flowers everywhere.

And I almost forgot! The African violets are blooming profusely indoors:


9 comments:

Julierose said...

What a glorious garden of blooms you have--love the colors in that African Daisy...amazing range...still too cold here for any blooms except my brave daffodils...shivering in the 31 degree (F) temps this morning...snow predicted tonight...it can stop doing that now!!
;000 ~ ~ ~ waving with mittens on Julierose

jacaranda said...

Your garden is looking beautiful, I am amazed that I have jonquils in bud about to flower.

Dee said...

Your little groundcover looks like Cymbalaria muralis, Kenilworth ivy. Some consider it a weed, others love it. (I love it).
Your garden is coming ahead at full speed. Looks wonderful. Stay safe,
Dee.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful photos. I like discovering the quiet flowers, the ones that are so small you miss them at first glance, it reminds me that the flowers are not really for us at all.

ButterZ said...

So many beautiful flowers to look at.

Marie Králová said...

Your garden is beautiful. So many nice flowers. Marie

Pamela said...

You have the prettiest garden!

Sue SA said...

Your Raspberry tiger rose is stunning! I have flowers on my african violets too but not your blue one, it flowered earlier. I potted up the leaves I struck and 2 out of 3 had some roots, but I might have been a bit premature - fingers crossed! I got a bit excited and sowed more hakea seeds yestererday, will see if I can keep this lot alive through winter.

Maria said...

Sew nice to have that many beautiful colours in the garden.