Monday, April 20, 2020

New Project - 100 Day Quilt

A few weeks ago, Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts ran a mystery quilt over 15 days, finishing on 5th April. I saved the parts, although I didn't think I really needed a new project. Now I have decided to make it after all. The quilt consists of 100 blocks, and I will make them over 100 days, rather than the original 15 days. That will have me making the last block on 29th July, by which time I sincerely hope the current restrictions on human interaction will be over.

Here's number one:
I won't post a picture a day, but maybe once a week or so I will photograph my progress.

11 comments:

Pamela said...

This is a great idea!

jacaranda said...

Great idea, my friend is doing it also.

Julierose said...

I hope you are right-- that by July 29th we will have come out of our "caves" and back to normalcy--altho' I am sad to say, that I doubt it...there will be a new normal to deal with....
~ ~ ~ waving from under gray skies Julierose

chrisknits said...

I still have 12 blocks to make, ran out of fabric and had to wait for the order to come. Now I have no reason to not finish! Maybe I will just shoot for 1 a day until they are done. LOL

Turid said...

Sounds great. I love projects like that. Can't wait to see the beginning of your project. Stay safe!

Jeanette said...

It's a very pretty lacy quilt, even more so with the pieced border. I can see you having a lot of fun with this.
A block a day is a great way to break it down, hope your goal is correct.

Wendy said...

Hey there Vireya,
I too collected the pattern and have actually chosen my fabrics - so I may join you in your 100 day challenge.
Planning to start once the Great Niece's Ballet Bag is done and some borders on my Temperature Quilt are on....
Cheers Wendy

Cheryll said...

That's a great idea to keep you busy. I look forward to watching your progress. Stay safe...xox

Marie Králová said...

An interesting project, I'm looking forward to another photo. Take care of yourself.

Marie

Maria said...

Hmmm!!! Do I need another new project ???? NO !!
Will be great to watch your s grow.

Laura said...

Let's hope the world is back to normal by then!