Friday, June 1, 2018

Week Fifty-Three

This is it! The final temperature rosette:

Not at all sewn together yet; that will happen at a sit and sew day tomorrow. Here's this week's temperatures:

1/06/2018      13.7    aqua/teal
31/05/2018    10.9    aqua/teal
30/05/2018    11.6    aqua/teal
29/05/2018    12.2    aqua/teal
28/05/2018    16.8    green
27/05/2018    16.6    green
26/05/2018    17.3    green

I was wrong two weeks ago when I thought I'd seen the last of green. The 365th day of the year, which would have been missed if I had stopped at 52 weeks, was a green day. Now that June has arrived, I don't mind wintry weather.

The quilt top is not complete, as I am planning a couple of explanatory sections around the edges.

Linked to Sarah's weekly weather report., where Sarah is getting ready to start another year, Pamela has already started her second year, and Sharon has about 3 weeks to go on her year.

How I spent the first day of winter:
Enjoying the sun at Ballarat Wildlife Park! Sunbathing meercat above, Tasmanian devil below:

Common wombat:

Koala:

People I don't know feeding kangaroos:
I fed kangaroos too, but I couldn't photograph myself doing it. The kangaroos are a different species to the ones we see around here (like yesterday). These are Kangaroo Island kangaroos from South Australia.

9 comments:

Vireya said...

Beautiful day for it!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on finishing a year's worth of hexie temps!! These will make a fabulous piece....hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

Those hexies will make a wonderful quilt. I'm looking forward to summery days here.

Terry said...

Hope you did a happy dance when you covered the asr hexie. Wonderful achievement. Are you going to do another weather quilt this year?.

Jeanette said...

A lovely last rosette. A round of applause.

jacaranda said...

Congratulations, now to put it altogether and quilt it. Love the sunbathing meercat.

Jeann of Melton said...

I am very impressed by your perseverance for 365 days. I have loved the colours you have chosen and am looking forward to seeing the blocks all together.

Pamela said...

Beautiful final rosette!

Sarah said...

Congrats on your finish!!! The meercat sleeps just like my Zorro - leaning against something. Adorable.