Friday, June 15, 2018

Temperature Scale

At a sit and sew day today I started stitching the temperature scale for my year quilt:

And then surprised myself by getting the whole thing stitched. So when I got home I sewed it into the quilt:
I'm a beginner at embroidery. I was feeling a bit discouraged by my wonky stitching, but I think it looks good enough from a distance.

Linked to Sarah's weekly weather report for old time's sake!

Also when I got home I discovered we had a different duck:
Apparently one of the original ducks turned out to be a drake, so he's been swapped out for the little black duck in the background. Sorry about the bad photo, but it gets dark early these days. This was about 4:40 and it was already too dark to take a photo without the flash.

10 comments:

Vireya said...

Quack quack quack!

Vireya said...

Oops - forgot to notify myself...

hetty said...

Your stitching looks great!

jacaranda said...

Lovely stitching, looks great.

Julierose said...

Love your idea to embroider your temperature chart on the side..this will be a lovely piece....hugs, Julierose

Denise :) said...

I love that you're doing a temperature scale! What a clever idea! Numbers and letters are the hardest and it takes really small stitching (because of all the close-knit curves) to get it looking smooth. I think your embroidery looks terrific! It's funny that you mention it getting dark early and showing all those cold blues. I forget that the lower hemisphere is getting colder/darker since we're getting warmer/lighter! It's a big world made smaller by blogging (and quilting)! :)

Pamela said...

Your temp scale looks great!

Sarah said...

Glad to have you back at Wednesday Weather - your thermometer looks great!

Jo said...

I seem to have missed quite a few of your posts. You have been busy. Gravel laying, a finished door, dishwasher in and your temp guide. Great work.

Pam said...

You are very creative with your fabrics on the temp scale. They are fun like the penguin on a cold day. i see your are posting the first comment and checking the notify me box. I will try that next post. Also thank you for the comment you left on my blog. Since Blogger has not yet worked out all the bugs so you and everyone who commented on my post came up as a no reply blogger. AARRGGH I hope they work this out soon.