Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Soup Bowl Cosy

This year the internet seems to be full of microwave bowl cosies. I succumbed and made a few as Christmas gifts.

I found when making my prototype that marking the dart on the cotton batting wasn't easy. So for my production run I made myself a little paper template:
It's hard to see but I drew my quilted lines on the template to aid in positioning it. It isn't pinned in place or anything, I just sewed along the edge.

Pairs ready to sew together:
I rounded off the corners a bit to make them easier to turn out once they are stitched together.

Some of the finished bowl cosies:
These are not easy things to wrap. I included instructions in each parcel. But as the parcels were opened, everyone put the cosy on their head as a hat!

2 comments:

WiltedQuilter said...

What a nice idea.

Jeanette said...

Had the same idea and kept the pattern. But Lego Star Wars beckoned instead.