Saturday, December 2, 2017

Second Mystery Clue

I spent the day working on the second instalment of the "On Ringo Lake" mystery, making lots of flying geese.

Cutting everything took quite a while, but here are my pieces piled up ready to sew:

The right-hand triangle is sewn on first:

Adding the left-hand triangle to the pressed units:

And by the end of the day I had a whole flock of flying geese:
I still have to trim off their bunny ears. As I do that I'll check them for size. I wouldn't be surprised if I find that some are a bit wonky and that I need to make a few replacements.

When the clue 2 link-up happens on Monday I will add the link here.
Here it is! Check out the gorgeous colours people are using. This is going to be a lovely quilt.


15 comments:

Pamela said...

Nice fabrics! Looks like an interesting mystery.

Julierose said...

I really like the look of your range of this color--very nice flock of geese lol hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

They look beautiful. Hope to finish mine up today.

Cherry said...

Lovely! Flying Geese - I always end up with a few wonky ones, too. Your corals are very pretty.

Sue SA said...

Your flying geese are very pretty!

Jeanette said...

Great treadling, you can put your feet up today.

Jeann of Melton said...

Wow! You have been busy.

Laura said...

Love your flock of geese! I haven't even started mine yet!

WiltedQuilter said...

Looking good!

Feathers in my Nest said...

I Love, Love, Love your fabrics Vireya...That is going to be a Gorgeous quilt.
Blessings, Debra

Marly said...

Well done, getting the whole lot done in one day! Your fabric selection is lovely.

Maria said...

Your Gaggle of Geese look great... Well done in getting them all done. I have only got just over half done.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

You have some really beautiful fabrics!

Jo said...

Brilliant. Great job

Turid said...

Oh yes, this is going to be just beautiful.