Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pink Flowers

First flower open on this "Sioux" crepe myrtle I got for my birthday a couple of years ago:
It is still in a pot, but eventually will be planted in the garden here.

The last of the gladdies, which got a little fried in the heat, is opening after all:
And it's not white!

Little unidentified insect on a "Mystic Sparkler" dahlia:

The portulacas I got for Christmas are doing well, and have lots of different coloured flowers,
but this one is pink.

And lastly some flowers on one of my Lewisia cotyledon "Little Fairies"plants:

3 comments:

Cherry said...

Pretty glad! Thanks for the bright pop of pinks this morning. It's a welcome sight for me, on what could only be charitably described as a 'lighter shade of grey' day here.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful, your new garden is growing well, must like the soil. With all the surrounding
bush, the colour must be a welcome sight.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Lovely Flowers! all of them..couldn't pick a favorite if I had to!