Monday, November 9, 2015

Discovery

From January to September this year I made these nine blocks:

The pattern is Zoo Animals, and it was a free block-of-the-month from Kristy at Quiet Play.

I decided to add a few more blocks, from Kristy's pattern Woodland Creatures. As I was working on one of them today, I made a discovery that would have made all those previous blocks easier to assemble.
Clover Wonder Clips are brilliant for holding sections together to be sewn! I can't believe I've never thought of using them before. I've used them in the past when sewing other items that pins can't hold, but for some reason never tried them for this job. Now I have, I'll be using them every time!

3 comments:

Marly said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the tip. I've only ever used them to hold binding in place while I sew it on; I wonder how many other uses there are!

Julierose said...

Beautiful Zoo you have there--great use for those little gem clips...hugs, Julierose

mac said...

Great quilt. Planning to make it up too.