Saturday, November 24, 2018

I Didn't Need That

The first clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt was released overnight. I still have lots to do on my Christmas challenge. I have some computer-based work I need to do. I have sewing to do for Christmas gifts. I have to read the ballot paper in today's state election. And to do any of these things, I need my glasses.

So this is not good:
I don't know what happened to them. I had them on this morning, then took them off to go and have a shower. When I came back from the shower they were on the floor with one lens out, and both lenses and the frame all scratched. I think they must have somehow got knocked down from where I left them, then the Roomba must have met up with them and dragged them around the floor for a while. Maybe?

Whatever happened, it is going to make life a bit difficult for a while. There is a good reason why I have had these frames for nearly 20 years. I spent quite a bit of time today at a couple of different optometrists just trying to find frames that fit on my face that I don't hate. It was a fruitless effort. I came home very discouraged.

I dug out the glasses I bought on the internet 5 years ago. They are not my latest prescription, but are better than nothing. I managed to do a little cutting and sewing late in the day:

It's a start, but I don't know how I will get everything else done without my proper glasses.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh noooo...that is a nightmare--hoping you can get your new glasses soon...hugs, Julierose

Turid said...

So sad to hear about this. I'm so lucky I don't really need glasses, yet. Hope you can fix it soon.

Jeanette said...

What a disaster. Your explanation is plausible, anything else would involve extra terrestrials or dogs - both impossible. Hope you manage to find new frames to your liking.
I see blue is the new red, a good start to the mystery.

Needled Mom said...

Oh no! I am so lost without my glasses so I feel your pain!!!

Wendy said...

I feel your pain!
Although in the past our Cat has played a part in things like this in our house.

Pink Rose said...

oh no Vireya what a disaster,hope you find a pair soon that you like.

gayle said...

Oh, no! I just recently went through a broken-glasses disaster, too, so I know how awful this is!