Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Growing Things

I planted out my dahlias a couple of weeks ago, in what I hope will be their permanent positions. Half of them are making an appearance:
Not sure which variety this is. I had two boxes of tubers I planted out, but I didn't make a note of which went where at the time. All of one box are now sprouting, with no sign of the other variety yet.

My "garden bed" is starting to develop its patchwork quilt:
Once the plants fill out, the pillow area will be white daisies, and the bed area will be covered in multi-coloured portulacas. If you look very closely the first flowers have opened, but there is still a lot of filling out to happen.

Another of the lucky-dip roses is blooming:
This is another Brindabella Tiger Rose, this time "Golden Tiger". The stripes are quite pale at the moment, but are supposed to deepen in colour as the rose matures.

This is "Raspberry Tiger" that I showed a bud of a couple of weeks ago .
The flowers open to be quite beautiful.

I love this one, too:
It is "Brandy". It was about the only one of the lucky-dip roses that we already had. But that's OK, because it is beautiful.

Lastly, here is a pansy:
All those different coloured flowers are on one plant. I bought a small punnet of pansies last autumn, to stop this bed looking so bare while the peonies were dormant over winter. But the pansies didn't really take off until spring anyway. I wish I had made of note of what these pansies were called, as they are fantastic and I wouldn't mind getting the same ones again next year.



7 comments:

Jeann of Melton said...

Love the roses

Julierose said...

Beautiful roses--but those pansies--I've never seen that variety before--just gorgeous array of colors..thanks for sharing your floral bounty..it's very gray and taupe-ish here right now..hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

A beautiful riot of colour. Those pansies are stunning, they have a real 1930's look to them.

jacaranda said...

Lovely roses and the pansies remind me of the old fashioned variety my grand mother grew.

Sue SA said...

The roses are delicious colours, look like ice cream flavours!

Allison said...

Isn't it funny how quilters like to have quilt patterns in other parts of their lives.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya wow you have a magnificent garden ,with your plans its going to look amazing my friend.