Today was my regular monthly get-together with quilting friends in Melbourne. I stitched down binding as we spoke of many things.
I don't think I have touched this since our last meeting a month ago, but I'm about half way round now.
Today is also my child's birthday, so after the quilting meeting I spent some time with them. Together we visited the Myer Christmas windows, which was a lovely reminder of something we did every year when they were little. Back then we lived in Carlton, and walked into the city. It's a bit more of a trek for each of us now. The windows tell the story of "One Christmas Eve" by Corinne Fenton. I wasn't familiar with the book, not having any small children around. But we both found the windows charming. There are lots of cute reminders of my own childhood, like hula hoops and a child swinging around on a Hills hoist. But here's my favourite little touch:
A tyre swan in the garden!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A true Australian icon. Made me smile
Ok, now I understand the comment some one made about you needing a tyre swan in your yard. I thought she was referring to a breed of swan, LOL
Post a Comment