Friday, November 11, 2016

Ballarat Show Day

Sweet peas looking pretty in the morning sunshine:
I'm happy to see that I've got the full range of colours I've had in previous years. This is the third generation of plants from seeds a friend gave me.

Off to the Ballarat Show to find this:
These quilts may look familiar to regular readers. My Zoo Animals won 1st prize in the "Traditional Quilt No Commercial Quilting" class. And my Flower Ball came 2nd in the same category.

Elsewhere at the show, the "Sew What" travelling sewing machine museum featured this fun "BiSEWcle":
It wasn't easy to pedal as it is really a kid's bike. The machine had a buttonholer attached, and if you pedalled well enough you got a buttonhole to take home with you. Hopefully some kids came along later and gave it a go!

Later today I finished sewing together rows of Wild and Goosey blocks:
The horizontal sashing rows aren't stitched yet because I am still deciding on cornerstones.

6 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations! They are lovely.

mac said...

Fantastic. Congratulations. 😀

Jeanette said...

Congratulations on the ribbons. You are now officially a country mouse.

jacaranda said...

Congratulations Vireya, well done.

Terry said...

Congratulations on your wins. Both quilts are lovely and it has been fun watching their progress. Well done.
I made amy first wild and goosey block and Now I admire your tenasadity even more.

Cherry said...

Congratulations! on both of the awards! LOVE the Flower ball. Your Wild & Goosey is coming along beautifully. The sashing sets the blocks off perfectly. Can't wait to see what you decide for the cornerstones - solids squares for a visual resting place? Square in a a square to continue the design movement? So many possibilities.