Friday, January 8, 2021

WOOFA-ing

 This year I am participating in Cheryll's mutual encouragement WOOFA challenge. What on earth is "WOOFA"? It stands for "Working On Or Finishing A ... UFO". Read all about it here:

https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/2021/01/welcome-back-woofa.html

 MonTHLy CHaLLengE

 

My project for this month is to finish last year's Quiltville Mystery, Frolic. The quilting needs finishing, then it will need binding.

You can't see what still needs quilting very well in this photo. I took the quilt outside to photograph it, and there was a march fly sitting right on the clothesline waiting for me, so I gave up on that idea! These indoor flash photos of it draped over some furniture will have to do.
Basically, the border is unquilted, and there are empty sections at the block corners that need more work. I have 23 days until the end of January to get the quilting done and bind it.


 

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Great idea and fun acronym. This quilt is so pretty!

Turid said...

Wow, this is a beauty already. Good luck with finishing it! I love your quilting.

Julierose said...

Sounds like a no-stress, fun group--good luck with your finishing...;))) hugs from under my pink stash Julierose ;)))

Laura said...

I'm sure you can get this one finished in 23 days. It looks nice already!

Jeanette said...

Like the idea that as long as you are "working on" then you are ok. This sounds like the perfect motivator.

Ivani said...

Beautiful quilting Vireya!
Good luck with your finishing, I am sure it will be finished by the end of January.

Cheryll said...

The quilting is gorgeous... & you are very clever.
I hope it's a little closer to a finish too...xox

Cherry said...

That quilting is AMAZING!! You are so close to finishing - I know you can do it!

Vivian said...

WOW! Wonderful quilting -- you are really "Frolicking" through that stitching. That one is as good as done!

Wendy said...

Love it! I need to do some WOOFA-ing too instead of starting new things - but they are soooo tempting.
Cheers.

Érika Costurarte said...

Hi!!!
I am also participating in WOOFA.

I want to be able to get inspired and learn to finish my projects !!!

In fact, your quilt is just wonderful.

See you
xoxo