Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Week So Far

On Monday Dot returned to the vet for a check-up on her eye. It was still looking bloodshot, and it turned out the reason was that there was still a large grass seed in her eye. Poor Dot! We are continuing with the same medication regime for a bit longer, but after only two days her eye looks normal - not bloodshot any more.

My car when we got home:

I had my camera ready to take a photo when it clicked over to 100,000 (after pulling over to the edge of the road, of course!). I'll probably forget about it next time I go out, so this might be it.


I don't know what to say about Tuesday's breakfast:

Someone has bought a lot of quirky stuff online recently. 


Today I moved one step closer to meeting my sewing goal for the month. I finished quilting Frolic yesterday, and now I have machined on the binding:

If I hand sew down one side each day, I could just get it finished by the end of the month.
 

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Poor Dot! I’m glad her eye is doing better. I’m always on the lookout for numbers and take screen shots of my Duolingo numbers. Cute breakfast. Congrats on a beautiful quilt!

Marie Králová said...

Breakfast looks cheerful. The Frolic blanket will definitely be great. I'm already looking forward to the whole picture. Marie

Julierose said...

My 2 granddaughters would love that for breakfast!! ;)))
Nice that Frolic is almost finished for you...
Snow overnight here--but only about 2" topped with freezing drizzle Hugs, Julierose

hetty said...

Poor Dot. Glad her eye looks better now. Cute breakfast. Can't wait to see your Frolic finished. We had a mini blizzard yesterday. Now everything is covered in white. The ice wine producers are anxiously waiting for temperatures in the minus double digits so they can harvest the grapes.

jacaranda said...

Good news that Dot is finally on the mend. I hope your week has been a happy one, you have done a lovely job on the Frolic piece.

Jeanette said...

That is not a breakfast I could face! What big yolks your eggs have.

ButterZ said...

Good to hear Dot is on the mend. Great news about Frolic nearly done

Cheryll said...

Great news regarding Dot...& the kids would love to see their eggs like yours...
Great quilting nearing the end too...xox

Wendy said...

Hey Vireya - Oh I could have so much fun with that Egg ring - would it work with Pancake batter????
Cheers!

Laura said...

I'm so glad Dot is doing better! Practicing for Easter breakfast?