Monday, November 18, 2019

Twenty and Twenty-One

Here's the 20th of the charity quilts, quilted and bound:
You can't see the quilting from either side, but it is done in an all-over "feather meander" design as taught by Angela Walters. Doing this I learned that all-over designs are very boring to quilt. I'm sure it was good practice, but I had to force myself to sit at the machine to get it finished. No more all-over designs!

And here's lucky last, the 21st of the quilts that came about through our sewing bee last year. Photographed half in the sun so you can see the quilting:
I might even bind this one as well, just to celebrate getting to the bottom of the pile.

14 comments:

jacaranda said...

Your quilting is lovely, you are doing a great job.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya both beautiful,well done my friend,you are very clever xx

Pamela said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

ButterZ said...

But all over designs are great for charity quilts and easy to do..

Jeanette said...

Number 20 doesn't look quite so bright outside. Great quilting on both quilts and well done for ticking off this task before Frolic starts.

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful blankets, I admire your diligence. Marie

Turid said...

These are beautiful, and so inspiring.

Julierose said...

Great job on these--you must be all quilted-out!! :000
hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

It's always nice to get piles lowered with finishes.

Sue SA said...

I love the green and blue combination, very smart and the quilting is lovely.

Cheryll said...

Congrats and well done... xox

Allison said...

Great quilts. I made one similar a few years back and it doesn't look as good as these.

Maria said...

Love both quilts and great job getting them done...

Jeann of Melton said...

A great effort, Vireya!