Friday, November 1, 2019

Exhibition Set-Up

A busy day with an early start. From 8:30am the amazing hall began to be turned into our exhibition space:
A team of workers assembled frames.
The quilts started arriving at 10:30, and more workers hung them:
The stage area features the work of one quilter, Liz Dyer:
What you can't tell from the photos is that the temperature was nudging 30. A bit hot for all this physical work!

I had arranged with my employer that I would work this afternoon rather than in the morning, so at 12:30 I had to leave to go to work. The finishing touches and final tweaking were accomplished in the afternoon before the official opening at 6pm. Unfortunately I missed the opening as I was worn out after work and went home to have a shower and get changed before another engagement at 7:30pm. Long hot day!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of work but always worth it ....

Jeanette said...

A very smooth operation, obviously lots of preplanning. The venue is amazing.

jacaranda said...

Lovely exhibition space and well set up.

Marie Králová said...

Beautiful exhibition hall. The exhibition was successful. Big congratulations to all. Marie

Pink Rose said...

Hi Vireya this is a great hall for an exhibition ,the embroidery guild used to have their exhibitions there.
Wish I could've come but I was in Portarlington with my sister.
Hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

ButterZ said...

I can't believe I have missed so many of your posts. Catching up now and boy that is a great space. Yes, it's a bit warm.